The birds sang in chorus, your voice, my delight; woke me from reality, an angel in twilight. Something had been taken, I searched, found no clue; too green to comprehend, that feeling so pure, so true. Teen years in between, since then, until today; I’ve longed for my heart, forever and a day.
My armour feels so heavy, when I see him swing his sword. Seeing you besides him, makes me feel so low. So I lay down my sword, my shield and my glove. Coz I cant match a king, blessed with an angel's love. I’m not a warrior, neither a prince nor a knight. I’m just another soldier, who can’t match a king's might. I don’t ride a white horse, nor I live in a palace of gold. I sleep under the open sky, even in weathers rough n cold. So I lay down my sword, my shield and my glove. Coz I can’t match a king, blessed with an angel's love. I’m just another soldier, In an army of crores.
And I read this, and was "wordless". Very well expressed. :)
ReplyDeletethanks Arjit :)
ReplyDeleteI second Arjit!
ReplyDeletehave no words.. brilliant!! :)
thanks Richa :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a short and sweet poem, Prasad!
ReplyDeleteThanks for promoting my post. please visit me at http://cybernag.wordpress.com
thanks Zephyr :)
ReplyDeleteI will surely visit you soon !!
Wow... beautiful!
ReplyDeleteshort and subtle! Loved it !! :)
thanks Abhishek :)
ReplyDeleteThat is totally cool:))
ReplyDeletethanks Pria :)
ReplyDeletenice little poem on love! thanks for promoting my post on indivine.
ReplyDeleterestless
thanks Restless :)
ReplyDelete